IPL Photo Facial in Plano, TX
IPL Photo Facial in Plano, tx, is an effective cosmetic treatment for sun damage. Sun damage is a common skin concern that affects most people. As you go about your daily activities, you’re exposed to sunlight. Over time, the ultraviolet rays from the sun damage the skin, causing the skin to appear darker, rough, and older-looking.
The treatment involves using various wavelengths of light energy to treat various skin issues. A device that produces various wavelengths of light energy is placed against the skin and activated to deliver multiple wavelengths of light onto the skin. The light energy target and eliminate dead or damaged skin cells.
Benefits of IPL Photo Facial in Plano, tx
It is used to address various skin concerns such as:
- Sun damage
- Ageing skin
- Wrinkles and lines
- Stretch marks
- Skin pigmentation
How Does IPL Photo Facial Work?
It works by addressing specific skin conditions using various wavelengths of light energy.
The treatment involves placing a handheld device that produces multiple wavelengths of light energy against the skin. The device emits multiple wavelengths of light onto the skin. When multiple wavelengths of light are directed to the skin, the light is absorbed by the oxyhemoglobin in the red blood cells, resulting in the generation of heat.
The heat then heats up the damaged and dead cells in the skin and breaks them down. The broken-down cells are eventually flushed out from the body via the lymphatic system.
Who is the Idea candidate for IPL photo facial?
People with various skin types can get intense pulsed light photo facial. It is an effective treatment for several skin conditions.
Skin conditions that can benefit from an intense pulsed light photo facial include:
- Sun damage
- Acne scars
- Stretch marks
- Age spots
- Spider veins
Who Should Avoid IPL Photo facial
Though it is a safe treatment, there are certain people that shouldn’t have the treatment. You should avoid IPL treatment if;
- You’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You’re taking blood-thinning medications
- You had a chemical peel treatment recently.
- You’re taking the acne drug, Accutane or have recently taken the drug.
- You have active acne or severe scar
- You currently have a skin resurfacing disorder, currently or recently suffered from severe sunburn.
- You’re prone to keloid scarring.
Preparing for IPL Photo Facial
You need to prepare adequately before getting an IPL photo facial. Preparatory steps for this treatment include:
Consultation with a skincare professional
The first step to take is to consult with a skincare professional. The skincare professional will review your medical history and conduct some examinations to ascertain if you’re a right candidate for the treatment or not. The treatment will be extensively explained to you. You can ask questions about the treatment during consultation.
Avoiding certain skincare products and treatments prior to IPL photo facial
There are certain skincare products and treatments that you should avoid before getting this treatment.
- Avoid blood thinning medications such as aspirin ibuprofen, and naproxen for at least a week before your treatment.
- You should avoid the use of skincare products that contain vitamin A acid such as retinoic acid, glycolic acid, and Retin-A for at least 60 days before your treatment.
- Avoid waxing and chemical peel treatments for at least 2 weeks before your treatment.
- Avoid heat treatments such as tanning beds, saunas and hot tubs for at least 4 weeks before your treatment.
- Avoid the use of collagen medications for at least a week prior to your treatment.
- Avoid the use of the acne drug, Accutane for at least 6 months prior to your treatment.
- Also, avoid sunlight exposure for at least 4 weeks prior to your treatment.
What to Expect During the IPL Photo-facial Procedure
- Itl is a simple treatment that takes a few minutes to be completed.
- The light pulses on your skin may feel like a stinging or pinching sensation but you won’t feel pain.
- There’s no downtime and you can go back home or back to work after getting this treatment.
- The treated skin may turn red and become more sensitive for a few hours to a few days.
- A single treatment may not get you your desired results. You may need 3-6 treatments spaced about 4 weeks apart to get your desired results.
IPL Photo-facial Procedure
This treatment is a simple procedure that takes a few steps to complete.
- First, the treatment area will be cleaned.
- Secondly, a cool gel will be applied over the treatment area. You will be given protective dark glasses to wear to protect your eyes.
- Finally, a handheld device that emits multiple wavelengths of light will be placed against your skin. The light energy is converted into pulses of heat in your skin.
Aftercare for IPL Photo Facial
After getting this treatment, there are post-treatment care tips that you should adhere to.
- Always protect your skin from sun damage by staying away from the sun as much as possible and wearing sunscreen whenever you’re outdoors. Protect your skin from sunlight for at least 30 days.
- Always apply a gentle moisturizer on your skin to keep your skin moisturized.
- Drink plenty of water to always keep your skin hydrated.
- Apply stem cell serum to increase collagen repair of your skin.
- You shouldn’t wax or exfoliate your skin within 7 days after your IPL treatment.
- You shouldn’t exercise or engage in any strenuous activity for at least 48 hours to avoid excessive sweating.
- Avoid hot baths or showers for at least 48 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid makeup application and creams for 24 hours.
- You shouldn’t apply skin products with harsh chemicals or acids including Accutane, Retin-A, glycolic acid, and retinoic acid on your skin.
- Avoid scratching or picking your skin to prevent skin irritation.
- Follow-up appointments are very important to allow your provider to monitor your progress and make recommendations.
IPL Photo Facial vs. Other Skincare Treatments
Intense pulsed light photo-facial is a cosmetic treatment that can be used to address various skin concerns including wrinkles, sun damage, age spots, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and rosacea. The treatment provides great results but differs from other skincare treatments. It uses various wavelengths of light energy to address various skin concerns while Botox and some other common cosmetic treatments address only wrinkles and lines.
Which treatment is best for different skin types and concerns?
Intense Pulsed Light Photo Facial addresses different skin concerns at the same time. It is a treatment that can be used on any skin type. It is best for different skin types and concerns.
Results of IPL Photo Facial
Results from this treatment are gradual. It takes a while for you to see maximum results. This is because the dead and damaged skin cells are flushed out gradually.
You may begin to see some results within 7 to 10 days. You will continue to see improved results as the dead and damaged cells are gradually flushed out from your body.
Results are long-lasting. You can expect your results to last for 12 months or longer. Your results can even be permanent if you follow all aftercare directions accordingly and protect your skin at all times.
Before-and-after Photos of IPL Photo-facial
Cost of IPL Photo Facial in Plano, TX
The cost varies depending on various factors such as the severity of the skin concerns that you’re addressing, the size of the treatment area, the expertise and the location of the provider.
A single session cost an average of $300 to $600. You may need 3-6 sessions for optimal results. The complete cost of your treatment can range from $900 to $1,800.
Choosing a Skincare Professional for IPL Photo Facial in Plano, TX
When seeking a provider for your treatment, you need to seek a qualified and experienced skin care professional.
Factors to Consider When Choosing A Skincare Professional
There are crucial factors to consider when choosing a skincare professional.
- The qualifications and experience level of the skincare professional.
- Certifications and licenses.
- The portfolio and track record.
- The reviews and testimonials from previous clients of the skincare professional.
Questions to Ask During the Consultation
There are important questions that you need to ask the skincare professional during consultation. These include:
- What are your qualifications and certifications?
- How long have you been practising?
- How do you provide the treatment?
- What should I expect from the treatment?
- Will I feel pain during the procedure?
- Can I check your review pages?
How to Find A Reputable Skincare Professional
There are various ways that you can find a reputable skincare professional for your treatment.
You can find it via Google search
Conduct an extensive Google search and create a list of potential providers. Narrow down your list after making in-depth research about each of them. Check through their website, social media pages, and reviews to know more about each of them before making a decision.
Ask for referrals
You can ask your dermatologist for referrals. You can also ask your friends, colleagues, and family members for referrals.
We have discussed extensively intense pulsed light photo-facial. It is an effective cosmetic treatment that can address various skin concerns such as sun damage, acne scars, Rosacea, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation. If you’re battling any of these skin concerns, we strongly recommend that you get IPL photo-facial.
We encourage you to take a step further by contacting Elite Beauty Medspa to get your treatment from our trusted skin care professionals.
How long does an intense pulsed light photo facial take?
A session typically takes 15 to 30 minutes to be completed.
Is Intense Pulsed Light Photo Facial Painful?
It is not painful. The pulses of light only feel like a pinching or stinging sensation.
How many IPL photo facial treatments are needed?
You may need 3-6 treatment sessions to see maximum results.
How soon can I see the results from the IPL photo facial?
You can start seeing quick results in 7-10 days.
Can intense pulsed light photo facial be done on any part of the body?
Yes. Apart from the face, it can be done on other parts of the body such as the shoulders, back, neck, hands, and legs.
Are there any risks associated with intense pulsed light photo facials?
It is generally a safe treatment but there are some associated risks such as pain, tenderness, skin discolouration, skin redness, swelling, scarring, crusting, infection, and bleeding. Most of these side effects or risks resolve after a few days.
How should I care for my skin after an intense pulsed light photo facial?
There are many various ways to care for your skin after getting this treatment. Follow all aftercare tips enumerated above to care for your skin after getting this treatment.
Can intense pulsed light photo facial be combined with other skincare treatments?
Yes. It can be combined with other skincare treatments to provide better and longer-lasting results.
Are the results of the IPL photo facial permanent?
The results are typically not permanent but are long-lasting. However, your results can be permanent if you take proper care of your skin and follow all aftercare instructions.
How often should I get IPL photo facial treatments?
This treatment can be spaced out once every month. You can have this treatment once every month until your treatment is completed.
Elite Beauty Med Spa: Best Medspa to Get IPL Photo Facial in Plano, TX
If you want to get the best out of your IPL photo facial treatment, you should get your treatment from a trusted and reputable provider.
Elite Beauty Medspa is the best medspa where you can get a result-oriented IPL photo facial in Plano, TX. Our treatment is provided by trained and experienced skin care specialists.
We ensure that you get the best results by providing our treatments with cutting-edge and ultramodern technology. We have proven to be the best by maintaining a high-quality standard that no other med spas have been able to attain. We assure you of getting your desired results after getting your treatment from Elite Beauty Med Spa.
Contact us or schedule an appointment to get your treatment and say goodbye to sun damage or any other skin concerns that you may have.